From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:02:00 -0500
Jeffrey Hall wrote:

>Dear CM fans, Which violinist recorded your favorite version of the Bach
>violin Chaconne? Milstein? Grummiaux? Perlman? Who?:-)

This time, as most times, I choose the first performance I heard.  It was
by Alexander Schneider on a 4-LP Mercury album.  It wasn't the Chaconne
that I first heard in that set, but the Sonata in C.  I couldn't believe
that it had been written in the early 18th century or that it was being
played on one violin.

Walter Meyer