From:
Renato Vinicius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 09:51:42 -0300
D. Stephen Heersink <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Every once and a while I need to reassure myself that I have the very best
>recording of something (usually when I need to thin out my collection to
>make room for more).  I took the day to listen carefully to a number of
>recordings of Sibelius' Violin Concerto, and Heifetz and the Chicago SO
>under Walter Hendl on RCA were the clear winners.  It's fortuitous that
>the CD includes Prokofiev's and Glazunov's Violin Concertos.

I have this same CD I found for luck in a store in Ribeirao, and I feel the
same thing about it.  I cant imagine a better performance of this wonderful
concert (I have it with some three or four other performers, but I never
heard them after I bought this one).

I think I don't know twenty recordings on all CM recordings that achieves
this same level of beauty and perfection with this Sibelius.  Some of them
are IMO:

   Geza Anda and C.A. Mozarteum Salzburg, Mozart piano Conc. nr 24
   Kempff-Leitner (mono) Mozart piano Conc nr 20
   Pogorelich,  Bach English Suite nr 2
   Sandor, OR Baden-Baden Brahms Conc. Piano nr 2
   and just few others

Renato Vinicius