From:
Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 18:56:21 GMT
Douglas J Fisher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Someone mentioned to me that they really enjoyed the music which was played
>when the torch was lit at the opening ceremonies for the Olympic Games.
>Does anyone know what this music was?

Yes.  It is available on a CD called "Sydney 2000".  The CD was only
released the day of the Olympics.  I am not sure if anyone in the US will
be carrying it.  The song is available as an MP3 though, and I was finally
able to get a copy of the Olympic Hymn from this same CD from Napster.  A
very beautiful recording with a large Eastern Orthodox Choir.  I have been
trying to find this Olympic Hymn for almost 8 years on CD to no avail.

Kim Patrick Clow