From:
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:36:08 +0000
With respect, Jocelyn Wang's imperious dismissal of The Critics is
sentimental, romantic and plain wrong.

Having just been reduced to tears (positively!) by Kundera's marvellous
essay on Janacek and sent back to those marvellous scores illuminated and
refreshed, I can vouch for that by my own broadened personal experience.

Last week I had a similar, wonderful illumination thanks to Eric Fenby's
book on Delius's music - as distinct, by the way, from his remarkable
memoir "Delius As I Knew Him".

Christopher Webber,  Blackheath, London,  UK.
http://www.nashwan.demon.co.uk/zarzuela.htm
"ZARZUELA!"