From:
Peter Lundin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 17:56:55 +0200
Joel Hill writes:

>Does anyone on the List have any recommendations for software that will
>allow someone to record an entire side of a record and then open the WAV in
>an editor and be able to just click to divide the file into separate WAVs?

As I'm a Mac buff, I offer some suggestions for this format, I use two
diffrent softwares at the moment for editing two-chanell wavs/and Aiff
sound files on my computer:  The proffesional programe is Peak from BIAS
inc [http://www.bias-inc.com/] a brilliant programe that does it all, of
course at a prize.  Shareware wize I recomend the programe 'Sound-Studio'
from Felt-Tip SW [http://www.felttip.com/], it does almost everything
'Peak' does but it still integrates with my sound card a bit poorer.  Both
these have plugins that help remove pops and clicks and noice that at times
plague LP's and 78's..  A simpler solution is Adaptec JAM that really is
software for Your burner, but have som editing possibilities.

>So many CM pieces have parts that are played without pause (such as the
>last 2 mvts of the Rachmaninoff 3rd).  The only luck I have had is to make
>separate files of the 2 movements, having them overlap slightly and then
>cut away the overlaps so that they play seamlessly, but are still separate
>addressible tracks.

I must honestly say that I havent transfered that many LP's, but at the
moment I'm doing this with some of my cassette-tapes and I really thing
that the result is good.

peter lundin, gothenburg.se -  Counting the days: DDS 100 (1906-2006)