From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:35:07 -0400
Alastair asks:

>Who on earth went to the Friday ones?  I have a feeling the current
>complaints about "no young people attend concerts" must have been as
>nothing compared to the average age of those subscribers!

I recently attended a BSO friday afternoon concert.  At them end of the
concert the street in front of Symphony Hall was full of buses and vans
from nearby and not so nearby retirement homes, picking up the residents
who had attended the concert.  I am of an age to be sorely tempted to
board one of them.

Bernard Chasan