From:
Jonathan A Gallant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:38:16 -0800
In this exchange, Steve Schwartz repeats:

>Again, why should NPR get my money?

I agree with everything he wrote, and can answer his question.  NPR
should NOT get Steve's money, and does not get mine.  However, there
remain a sprinkling of public stations affiliated with NPR which do
local programing of the kind we both approve.  Other members of this
list have mentioned some local stations which program respectable amounts
of classical music, which, as has been pointed out, isn't expensive.
(In this connection, I would also nominate KZYX in northern California.)
Other stations, such as KBCS and KUOW in the Seattle area, do very good
folk, roots, and jazz programming.  THESE stations deserve our money.
The ones that broadcast only expensive syndicated news and chit-chat can
bloody well go elsewhere for their money.  They merit only short letters
from us, explaining why our contributions go exclusively to other stations.

Cheers////JON