From:
James Boyden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:18:22 -0600
Donald Satz wrote:

>Aside from the revered Alicia de Larrocha recordings of the Granados
>piano works, what recordings would you recommend to have a fine collection
>of his piano music?  I'm familiar with the Douglas Riva discs for Naxos,
>but the rest of the field is an unknown.

Though neither set relegates A. de Larrocha to the shade, I've gotten
great enjoyment from Martin Jones's recording of the complete piano music
(seemingly one of the very last Nimbus releases; copyright 2001, 6 CD
NI 1734), and also from the much older set by Marylene Dosse (4 CD in 2
Vox sets, CDX 5075 and CDX 5076).

Jim Boyden
Baton Rouge