From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:00:02 -0700
I'm trying to add to my pitifully small (two CD) collection of the music
of John Foulds, alas without much success at the moment.

The discs I have are:

Lyrita SRCD.212
Le Cabaret Overture; Pasquinade Symphonique No.  2; April-England;
Hellas - A Suite of Ancient Greece; Three Mantras
LPO/Wordsworth

British Music Society BMS423CD
'English Cello Sonatas'
Sonatas by Foulds, Ernest Walker and York Bowen
Jo Cole/John Talbot

The discs I am trying to obtain are as follows:

Lyrita SRCD.211
Dynamic Triptych (coupled with Vaughan Williams Piano Concerto)
RPO/Handley, Howard Shelley

Altarus AIR-CD-9001
Seven Essays in the Modes; Variazioni ed Improvisati; Gandharva-Music;
April-England; English Tune with Burden
Peter Jacobs, piano

I believe these are the only other CDs featuring Foulds' music and I have
tried;

Berkshire Record Outlet
EveryCD.com
Amazon.com
MusicBoulevard

but all without success.  If anyone has any bright ideas I might follow up
on, I am all ears.  I have even tried to contact Lyrita direct but their UK
phone number doesn't work -- I have family chasing that angle down for me
from Cheltenham.

If anyone knows any other CDs available, please let me know.  I'm working
on a brief biographical sketch of Fould and his music for publication in
the fall and am fascinated by his story -- and his music.

Thanks in advance

PS:  I'm one of those awful people without a turntable so vinyl, alas, is
not an option.

Tim Mahon
Alexandria, VA