From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:05:19 -0600
David Cheng:

>Speaking of Mr. Moravec - I drove a friend from Washington DC to Baltimore
>last Sunday for one of his scheduled concerts because my friend is crazy
>about him.  Alas, Moravec recently had surgery due to a relapse of cancer,
>so his US tour was cancelled and I had not heard the news.

Yes, his recital here in Kansas City was canceled and he was replaced
by a young Russian whose name I don't even recall.  But at Middlebury
College where my daughter teaches he was replaced by Marc-Andre Hamelin.
Some people have all the luck.

Sorry to hear about Moravec, though, and wish him well.  He's certainly
one of the giants of our age.

Scott Morrison