From:
Daniel Paul Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:38:06 -0600
Walter Meyer writes:

>I plan to be in NYC on December 12, when the Met will be presenting
>Bolcom's opera *A View from the Bridge* based upon the Arthur Miller
>play. ...
>
>Should I try to attend the opera or would I do better to same my
>money and/or see a show in town instead?

Having followed Bolcom's concert music fairly closely over the years,
and having seen the original Chicago Lyric production of "A View from
the Bridge," I emphatically recommend that you try to see it at the Met.
I remember it as a serious work that is tremendously effective in the
theater.  The tenor aria, "Lights of New York" is likely to bring the
house down, with not a dry eye left, especially in view of last year's
events in the city.  I'd look forward to reading your own reactions to
the opera.

Daniel Paul Horn