From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 08:31:21 +0200
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Kevin has offered an interesting term - "art music".  Maybe we should be
>talking about art music instead of classical music.  That works better for
>me since we can tie it in to the issues involved in the other arts -
>painting, literature, architecture, dance, etc.

In my native language - Swedish - the corresponding term "Art Music" is
often used for "Classical Music".

To me, the minus with the term "Classical Music" is that it too often gets
confused with the period classical in music.  The music dabbling with the
wienerklassiker, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert...should be labelled
"Classisist", I think.

Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>