From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 22:59:41 +0800
Roberto Strappafelci <[log in to unmask]>wrote

>Andrys Basten wrote about the Argerich/Abbado:
>
>>In the car I played it for a friend who does not particularly enjoy
>>Argerich, but when I wouldn't say who it was and intimated it might be
>>someone new, the response was "Who is it?? How can anyone play like this?
>>Listen to that.  Omigod.  Incredible lightness, " which is true, in the
>>midst of the flurry of notes.  Never just notes either.
>
>My wife was moved to tears the first time she heard it, and I clearly
>recall this, since it never happened before...  with music, of course:)

I am glad that there are a few people who concur with me that this is the
best recording of Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No.  1.  After hearing this
recording from Martha Agerich, I will always try to look around to see if
she has recorded a particular piano concerto which I am seeking.  I have a
few now, but hope to collect more.  Does anyone has any opinions about her
greatest recordings, or the worst ones that we have to avoid?