From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 10:16:01 PDT
Felix asked for recommendations for Mozart's Divertimento for Strings,
K. 563 (preferably HIP).  Mimi responded by recommending the Sony
Vivarte cd by L'Archibudelli and also spoke highly of the Ma/Kremer/
Kashkashian Sony cd.

Those are the two versions I play most frequently.  Felix can't go wrong
with either one.

Felix also mentioned enjoying the Lindsays in Mozart.  I fully agree.
The Lindsays are a superb group whether it's Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven,
or others.  But, I'm surprised Felix does not notice reverberation in their
recordings; I do.  I suppose each of us has "personalized" ears.

Don Satz