From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:21:11 -0700
The various Amazon sites certainly ship internationally and permit hearing
samples of recordings, and satisfy others of Gerhart Griesel's criteria.
For best price and ease of searching precisely for particular works,
arranged by composers, conductors, soloists and labels, though, I find
ArkivMusic.com unsurpassed.  Amazon's search engine, even in advanced
search mode, can exhaust you with long lists of items that stray far
from what you might want.  Not sure if ArkivMusic ships internationally
or not, but if that is a problem Arkiv can be used to identify a particular
available release even if it has to be ordered elsewhere.

By the way, for deleted releases, gemm.com is worth searching.  It links
many international dealers.  Unfortunately the information is not always
entirely accurate or up to date, I have found; but it does carry a
reliability rating indication.

Jim Tobin