From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:25:58 PST
Dave commented on my post:

>[I just now ordered this online through BMG music club and the price
>was $67.98 with an additional charge of $9.99 for shipping and handling.
>That comes to $15.59 per CD before taxes.  -Dave]

At the BMG music club site, I did a search for Dowland.  The results
contained volumes 1-4 of Dowland's Complete Lute Works for $5.77 per cd
and volume 5 for $2.99 per cd.  The results also contain the 5 CD set for
$67.98, which doesn't make any sense to me.  Perhaps because I buy pretty
frequently from BMG is the reason I could buy each single volume so
cheaply.  I apologize if I have mislead anyone.

Ron Chaplin

 [Ron's absolutely right.  If you buy the complete set it will cost $77.97
 plus tax.  If you buy them separately they cost $38.82 plus tax (S&H
 included in both).  As Ron points out, the prices offered in the
 brouchures are sometimes different from the prices at the web site.
 It all just goes to show you how difficult it is to sort out the
 confusions that these clubs are designed with (I believe it is on
 purpose).  I belong to both BMG and Columbia House, and find I have to
 be constantly on the alert for these sorts of things.  I've had them
 charge me for CDs that should have been free, or charge full price for
 a clearance or sale CD.  It also means that the experience of one person
 with these clubs may be quite different from someone elses.  The
 information is often not "portable".  -Dave]