From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 08:52:49 +1000
Alan Prater:

>Well, guys, if you amble on over to Amazon.com and do a search for the
>Gorecki 3d, you'll find that the Woytowicz is still alive on Koch-Schwann,
>along with a half-dozen other versions.  Now we know what to cook up as
>Mr. Barker's special version of hell: one G3 after the other...

It's just possible that Koch-Schwann have two versions of the symphony
in their list with Woytowicz as soloist but without having checked the
Amazon site, I think you'll find it's conducted by Kazimierz Kord and is
a different version from the one Aaron Rabushka mentioned.  I bought it
when it was the only CD version available.

I accidentally transposed a couple of digits in the number when I
ordered it and that's why I also serendipitously own a Koch CD containing
Schreker's Chamber Symphony.  It's a better work than the Gorecki any day.

Richard Pennycuick