From:
"Len Fehskens" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:26:47 -0400
Don Satz writes about various BIS Bach family new issues.

Catalog numbers? The search engines on most of the CD supplier sites are
abominations.  I especially love the one that gives you, when you ask for
the Bernstein recording of the Mahler 9th symphony on Sony, a listing of
all Sony CDs, all Bernstein CDs, all Mahler CDs and all 9th symphonies in
their catalog.

Also, I have been unable to find on any of the major sites the following
recently-mentioned-in-this-list recordings:

Musica Helvetica MH CD 99.2 - Kletzki, Liebermann, Martin
BIS CD 1062/64 - Sorabji
Arte Nova 63635 - Gernsheim

or any of the following mentioned-in-the-latest-Gramophone releases:

Philips 462 111 - Haydn
cpo 999 689 - Rangstrom
DG 457 607 - Steinberg
DG 445 182 - Strauss
EMI 63199 - Strauss

This is probably a good thing, considering the amount of stuff I
*did* find...

len.