From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 11:39:58 +0200
Don wrote:

>I'm sure that evaluations of Scelsi's music will be made in future
>generations, and it could be that he will be considered one of classical
>music's master composers.  One thing I do feel confident of is that
>listening to a work of Scelsi only once can hardly even scratch the surface
>of gaining an understanding of his music.

I thank Don for defending Scelsi, one of my favourite composers and one of
the few really inventive composers of the last/this century.  IMHO Scelsis
monotonality (huge masses of sounds based on a single note floating around)
is truely amazing.  I am sure that his works, especially his *Quattro pezzi
per orchestra*, the first huge orchestral work in this style, will become
an essential part in 20th century music history!

Achim Breiling