From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2006 19:41:26 -0600
You know, I never thought the goal of a recording was to resemble the
live concert experience.

Instead, I believe a recording is its own thing.  A great recording or
great recorded sound doesn't resemble the concert hall at all, in my
experience.  Did Ormandy's Philadelphia sound anything like his recordings?
Did any orchestra?  Not in my experience (I preferred them live).  Same
for RCA's and Decca's recordings of the Chicago.

Steve Schwartz