Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 16:42:21 -0500
If you must have a single box, I would give first preference to the overall
excellent Skrowaczewski/Saar Radio Symphony set on Oehms Classics--and it
includes all eleven symphonies, plus the Overture in g-minor and the Adagio
for String Orchestra from the Quintet. Great conductor, great orchestra and
excellent digital sound.

Also very good is the Jochum/Staatskapelle Dresden set, now re-released on
Brilliant Classics and very inexpensive (originally EMI).

You cannot go wrong with either of these.  The set you mention contains
older, monophonic air-check quality (or worse) recordings of historical
interest only.

Regards,

John Proffitt
Houston, Texas