From:
John Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 01:14:17 -0700
Having pretty much filled in my collection with the standard repertoire
and a lot that is not so standard, I find that my rate of acquisition is
finally declining (thank goodness).  However, I find that bringing new
music into my home is an intrinsic part of my enjoyment of music.  So,
in addition to branching tentatively into jazz, I have finally started
collecting multiple performances of the same pieces, something that I
swore I would never do.

And so...BMG is offering this month several recordings with Celibidache,
a conductor who I have seen lustily praised and damned by members of this
list.  I have nothing conducted by Celibidache and as far as I know I've
never heard anything on radio either.  Specifically, I'm interested in the
Tchaikovsky 5th with the Munich PO, a live recording.  Anyone know anything
about it? Also the discount music store where I buy most of my music these
days has a couple of Bruckner symphonies (can't remember which ones) that
he recorded.  Anyone have any opinions on him as a Bruckner conductor and
know anything about his Bruckner recordings?

Thanks,

John Parker
Tucson, Arizona