From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 10:42:36 +0200
I me and myself wrote yesterday:

>Thats a pity, then "Die Goetterdaemmerung" could be absolutely
>wonderful when performed in a good way.  I can wish Mr. Satoshi should
>have attended the Ring at Dalhalla Festival instead, as those performances
>were outstanding.  But one cannot have everything, and I, as refuge, can
>always sink down into a Schopenhauerian resignation that one have to wait
>7 years to get tickets to the Festival at Bayreuth.

I must have presented you a whimpy guesture yesterday.  When I think
of it I actually don't know why I am crying so much over Bayreuth when
we have Dalhalla here.  Dalhalla seems to me to be something new in
comparision to the "old spirit" of Bayreuth.  In Dalhalla there seems to
be a new thinking, and new ideas about Wagenr productions, that is not in
Bayreuth, where they are stuck in old tracks of thinking.  I have taken
back my order for Bayreuth tickets, as I have got an invitation this
morning to Dalhallas Ring 2001 from my friend Elisabeth.  (At least one
of them, I know three Elisabeths, so I understand it could be somewhat
confusing).  I am looking forward to this production enormously, and my
report will follow in time.  Promised.

Until then, you can have a look at:

   http://www.dalhalla.se/

Mats Norrman