From:
William Jenks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:47:29 -0600
Don Satz writes (in part):

>Personally, I'd like to see the word "diva" expunged from the vocabulary
>- it could join "maestro".  ...  One thing I like about the world of Rock
>is that these elitist terms ...  are generally not used in descriptions.

Along these lines -

Last night my 5 year old and I went to our local municipal auditorium in
downtown Ames (Iowa) right after soccer practice.  The occasion? The Beaux
Arts Trio.

After the performance, there was the usual "meet the artists" bit.
Christopher wanted to go say hello, so we did.  We waited a minute or two
to greet Pressler, who seemed delighted enough to talk about soccer for a
little bit with my boy.  It was a really fun and human moment.  I think we
enjoyed it more than the local sophisticates who felt the need to call him
"maestro."

William