From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:51:35 -0400
Donald Satz wrote:

>I'll be in Washington D.C./Northern Virginia from Oct. 28 thru the 31st.
>I'd appreciate some feedback on record stores in the area and any concert
>performances you could recommend.  Thanks in advance.

Tower, Olsson, and Borders can be found in the local telephone directories.
(The Borders in Tysons Corner doesn't carry recordings, or didn't when I
was last there a few years ago.) There's a Tower in a strip mall on the
south side of Rte 7 (Leesburg Pike) just before Rte 123 (Tysons Corner)
that I go to when there's a sale or because it's the closest to where I
live to look for a "must have".  There's one and probably more used CD
stores in Falls Church on the south side of Rte 7 (Broad Street).  The
only one I know by name is "Hole in the Wall".  When you go in, they tell
you they only sell books, but that the CD's are sold in another store a
few blocks away, to which they'll give you instructions.  I think the
electronics store on the northwest corner of Broad and Washington Streets
(the coordinate axes, of Falls Church) also sells used CDs.

I found a wealth of cultural events in the DC area for the days you
mentioned w/ ticket information at the following Web site:

<http://culturefinder.lycos.com/cgi-bin/culturefinder/lycos>

They included performances of *Rigoletto* at the Kennedy Center, Itzhak
Perlman on 10/30 at the Kennedy Center @ 5 PM and Britten's War Requiem
at the Washington Cathedral on 10/29.

Walter Meyer