From:
Rick Mabry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:16:18 -0600
Leon Le Leu wrote:

>Child's call: perhaps something from Debussy's Children's Corner Suite' or
>maybe something from the second act of Strauss's Die Frau ohne Schatten.

Prokofiev's "Music for Children", op. 65, has some nice themes.  It's
piano music and can surely be "transcribed for cellphone".  Or for that
matter, one of the "Peter and the Wolf" leitmotifs would be nice.

>Debt collector's call: the Hunding pursuit motive from Wagner's Die Walkure
>(this appellation may not be correct).

Okay, maybe the wolf's leitmotif is more apt here than above.

Speaking of Prokofiev ring tones, there was a thread on prokofiev.org
that lead me to this.  It turns out that the theme music of a certain
soccer in Britain team is "Dance of the Knights" from Romeo and Juliet...

   http://www.prokofiev.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=7&Topic=623

Rick