From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:28:12 PDT
Eric Kisch wrote:

>And finally, I don't hold Wagner "responsible" for the Nazis, but his
>views and his writings certainly lent themselves for use by them, in a
>way that Beethoven and Mozart did not.

As I was reading Eric's comment, it struck me that our postings to MCML
are kept in the Archives, so our views and writings could be used at some
future time by self-serving folks hell bent on destruction, genocide, or
general mayhem.  Would you be able to project all possible uses that your
writings could be used for by future generations? I sure couldn't - I don't
have an effective crystal ball.

Don Satz