From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 11:18:22 +0000
Joel Hill wrote:

>I forgot to mention that in addition to T L-Shaped Room, Bravo is also
>showing "Mahler" on October 6, 7, 22 and 23.  This is Ken Russell's 1994
>film

This is an attractive (documentary?) film which portrays Mahler's inner
struggles whilst trying to complete a symphony.  The film also alludes
to Mahler's fear of death and how his compositional efforts lead to a
deteriorating relationship with his wife.

My view is that this is an enjoyable movie. It is not however overtly
entertaining in the same way as Amadeaus discussed in another thread.

Strongly recommended to lovers of Mahler.

Bob Draper