From:
Julia Zhang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:42:13 -0400
I happen to have been observing Lang Lang for almost a year and even got
to read a biography on him in Chinese.

You can check out Lang Lang's website at www.langlang.com to find out
both his repertoire and his CRAZY performance (150 concerts around the
world, I believe) schedule. I just read a featured review about him in
August's Gramophone.  Lang Lang is an extrovert, vibrant, flamboyant
figure who is sure to win over an overwhelming number of the world's
general audience shake the classical music world in a fundamental way
(e.g making classical music more accessible to the public, esp to the
younger age groups).  He just signed a new contract and shifted his
record label from Telarc to DG.

-Julia Zhang