From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:44:58 GMT
Although I've often mentioned on the list my lack of high regard for the
programming on classical music radio stations, the basic impediment to
my listening to the radio is not having the time for it.  I barely have
sufficient time for family, the music I own, and the other various things
most folks do on a daily basis.

I realize that many list members do put in appreciable time listening to
the radio.  My question - how do you find the time, and what do you miss
out on, if anything, by applying that time to radio listening?

If I was to start listening to radio broadcasts, I'm sure that my listening
to the music I own would take a nosedive.  I am not willing to go that
route since my enjoyment level would surely decrease.  I've always found
that playing the music I choose is better than listening to the music
chosen by others.  Yes, I must lose out some on hearing works I am not
familiar with, but with the local station here in Albuquerque that just
means missing out on crossover, guitar, and very light compositions.
Music for guitar is very prevalent here in the land of enchantment.

Don Satz