From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:34:51 PDT
Jeffrey Hall wrote:

>I don't consider this sacrilege.  I do not mean that one should only
>listen to a single movement of a work.  I am just saying that you need to
>start somewhere and if you can find a movement that you really like, then
>that may arouse your interest to listen to the work in its entirety.

That's one of the great features of recordings.  You can listen to the
whole work, just one movement, or all the movements in a different order
than intended.  Sometimes, I just utilize the "shuffle" button on the cd
player; you never know what's coming next.  And, you can bet money with
your friends as to which track will come up next.

Although the above can be fun, there's nothing better than listening to a
work straight through to get the most out of it.

Don Satz