From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 20:41:44 -0700
Jon Johanning commented:

>My sense is that Bocelli loves opera so much, and is so determined to sing
>it, that he will forge ahead no matter what (as long as anyone is willing
>to hire him, that is), but I would feel better about him if he stuck to
>the popular realm, where I think he is pretty good.

I like opera so much, that, as an audience member, *I* will forge ahead no
matter what--and someday actually open my eyes to see what going on....

After watching the Pelleas of Simon Keenlyside toss Melisande's wedding
ring towards the well and actually miss, I'm willing to let Bocelli give
it a try for goodness sake. (A San Francisco production)

John Smyth