From:
Achim Breiling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 11:10:17 +0200
Mats wrote:

>I think the performance makes the distinction.  If the important in a
>performance is that the performer is going to have a show, it is popular,
>if it is the values of the music that is important, it is classical.
>There are, naturally, those who fall between.  Bellman is a good example.

This also does not work Mats!  Then e.g.  most Jazz would be classical.
After seeing many Jazz concerts I can assure you that there you will see as
much of a show as you might see during a classical chamber music concert.
On the other hand most classical operas are IMHO quite a big show!

Achim Breiling