From:
Mark Seeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:00:48 -0400
Leighton M Gill wrote:

>I would like feedback from anyone who has heard the recording of
>Beethoven's 9th with Mackerras conducting.

Is this a new recording? He did one several years ago on EMI with the LPO
(I think).

Is this a new Telarc recording that follows his Brahms and Schubert disks?
I enjoyed his Brahms cycle, and bought it to complement my Abbado cycle
on DG.  Sometimes the Scottish Chamber Orchestra under Mackerras plays
tentatively as if they are not quite sure of themselves.

Mark