From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:12:43 PDT
Len Fehskens wrote:

>Forgive me for being unable to relate to the idea that a piece of
>music can become so familiar as to be no longer worth hearing.  I
>have simply never understood this reaction.  Do you treat your best
>friends this way?

I do.  Consequently, I only have acquaintances now - much less complicated.

I don't think that Ian was indicating a long-term termination with certain
works, just a temporary one.  It's natural to listen to the works you love
most with the greatest frequency.  It's also natural to need some time off
from those works.  Can Len listen to a particular work constantly, week
after week, and maintain the same interest as when he started listening?

Don Satz