From:
Gerhard Griesel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 12:25:34 -0800
I would like to share with you a true story that I heard today from my
daughter.

She was told the story by a friend called Corlie who sang in the choir
for a production of Aida which took place in Bloemfontein, South Africa,
some years ago.

It was decided to use an elephant (I assume it was not a full-grown
elephant) in the Grand March.

During a rehearsal the elephant was required, and since the zoo was not
too far away, it was decided that a keeper would simply walk the elephant
to the venue.  Of course, an African male walking the city streets with
an elephant in tow was quite an unusual sight.  So the police stopped
him and asked him what he was doing.  He explained that he was taking
an elephant to the opera.  Of course he was arrested.  The opera company
management had to come and bail him out.  And the elephant did not take
part in the rehearsal.

Gerhard