From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:13:48 -0500
Janos Gereben wrote:

> Program 2, May 27 - June 3 (in the same locations, but also
> including a concert in de Young Museum's Koret Auditorium),
> offers the music of Ruth Crawford Seeger, Julia Wolfe, Linda
> Catlin Smith, Sally Beamish and Teresa Carreno, all about
> motherhood (and nary a piece about apple pie). The first two
> are Americans, Smith is Canadian, Beamish works in the U.K.,
> and Carreno was a 19th century Venezuelan composer.

And let us not forget...Carreno was really more pianist than composer...

And now a bit of a plug...you can hear her playing on our label Pierian.

And another shameless plug...the article below.

http://www.guidelive.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-pianoroll_0731gl.entertainment.805e81.html

It includes some pictures...fortunately, none featuring me.

Karl