From:
Ray Canyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 13:20:24 -0700
Whatever his problem, it is pretty well recognized among professionals
in adult neurogenic disorders that Gould had difficulties that could be
diagnosed today.  Who cares? I love his music.  Perhaps the interference
of neurologists would have deprived us of his genius.

I was once irritated by Glenn Gould's humming, now I don't even hear it
on the old recordings because the performances are so astounding.  The
engineers have done a terrific job of reducing the levels of his noise
in more recent digital reworkings of the recordings.

There are lots of composers and performers that have had complex behavioral
or neurogenic problems...  but we have been blessed by their music...
Britten and Bruckner are two just now coming to new levels of evaluation.

Ray Bayles