From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 07:04:25 -0300
Robert Peters (about Wagner and "Das Judentum in Musik"):

>His music is wonderful but a challenge for every intelligent director,
>too, because he gives a message you wouldnt underline every word of in
>our time, would you?.

Let's see.  According to your speech, if I don't see where the "challenge"
is (and I don't), then I become a sort of antisemite?.  An artist will not
always say what we want to hear.

PS:  I know a couple composers who are always talking about "peace and
love", "our indian brothers", "save the whales", etc.  and whose music
is loathsome.  Many people can't stand this paradox, and then, and they
believe that is a great proof of high morals to support the horrible works
of these two guys....

Pablo Massa