From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:11:40 -0800
Since reporting on the inclusion of the recent Bregenz production of
"Tosca" in "Quantum of Solace" (*http://tinyurl.com/5kkemq*), the new
James Bond flick, I had a chance - thanks to a Friend - to see the ORF
telecast of the opera.  The production is "interesting," but vocally,
it doesn't ring my chimes, except for Todovorich at his best, which is
sporadic, effort is audible too often otherwise.

Anyway, here's the question: was there a special performance for the
film or somehow the film producers incorporated the DVD in the movie.
Either way is an interesting proposition.  The fact that in "Quantum,"
the cast has Jovanovich, Babayanyan, and Soules argues for the
special-performance option, but perhaps Bregenz had the production
double-cast?  Could our Austrian intelligence branch supply some
information?

Janos Gereben
www.sfcv.org