From:
Jean-Louis DiDomenico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:01:13 +1000
Bonjour to everyone,

I need your help...  to help a young pianist, age 12, Chinese, Kathy,
living in Sydney, Australia.  She is in a very modest family, piano very
modest too.  I listen to her for the first time this week end.  She seems
to have a good control of techniques.  She lacks some direction to create
her own style.  She is going for an exam in November with 6 pieces out
of 15, given to her by her teacher.  I believe she could be helped by
focusing and listening on other masters' work.  I suggested her father
who works with me to purchase a very good head-set.  Then to find 2 or
3 copies of each pieces she is working on.  Then listen to them in
isolation with this very good head set.  The type that rests on your
head bones without touching your ears.  I need your help to find
label/solist for the following pieces.  I do not have much time to
look around myself.  The pieces list is so far:

Prelude & Fugue XVII J.S. Bach  BWV862
Rondo in F K494 W.A. Mozart
Nocturnes Opus 72, No.1, Chopin
Maurice Ravel: Rigaudon No.IV from "Le Tombeau de Couperin"

I am not sure if there is anyone from that list that is in Sydney.
That could be handy to discuss further how to help her.  There you go.
Let me know your suggestion.

Kind Regards,
Jean-Louis DiDomenico
Sydney Australia