From:
Roger Lebow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:07:06 -0800
Hartmann's Fourth Symphony (for strings) will be played by the Boston
Symphony at the end of this month (my son and I will be in attendance).
One of my treasured orchestral memories is of Kubelik and his Bavarian
Radio Orchestra (or whatever they were billed as--Bavarian SO?--on tour)
playing one of the KAH symphonies (I seem to recall it was the 8th) back
in '75 at UCLA.  This prompted me to pick up some of the recordings (on
DG LPs) with the same performers, which I still have and which you've
prompted me to listen to again.  Thanks!

Roger Lebow
Sierra Madre, California