From:
Tim Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 05:56:03 -0700
Aaron Rabushka <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Beethoven did in fact rework his violin concerto into a piano concerto,
>but nowhere is this referred to as "Concerto #6."

I found the reference which prompted my original question.  In a National
Symphony Orchestra subscription advertisement, they show a concert on 9/17
this year which includes Garrick Ohlson playing (and I quote)

BEETHOVEN: Piano Concerto "No. 6" in D major
(Transcription of Violin Concerto in D major, Op. 61

So what's the skinny, folks? Is this revisionist history at work and are
people ignoring the 'real' draft No. 6 referred to by Aaron?

Tim