From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:59:18 -0700
"My retirement project," writes Alan Dershowitz in the October issue
of Gramophone, " is an opera I've been working on about Gerson Sirota,
a great and very famous cantor in Warsaw who recorded for the same company
as Caruso.

"He was in the Warsaw ghetto and such was his fame that the Nazis offered
him a chance to leave for America.  He decided to remain, and died during
Passover, 1943.  I have been working at the piano with a couple of singers
and have been plotting out the melodies based on Jewish liturgical themes.

"I have a substantial amount of the libretto written but I will have to
find a proper collaborator.  It's an incredible story and musically
brings together my great loves."

Janos Gereben
www.sfcv.org