From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:17:24 +1000

and Deryk Barker wrote:

>He was born with spina bifida. I'm not aware of any recent illness,
>but then I've not heard much about him at all recently.

Earlier this year, he conducted a Ring cycle in Adelaide (South
Australia) which was highly thought of.  In interviews, he spoke about his
disability and his sexual preferences.  Clearly neither affects his ability
to conduct to a high standard, and he sees neither as being a big deal.
If, as Scott implies, the Bostonians might be concerned and the horses
frightened, then one despairs of their criteria.

Richard Pennycuick