From:
Nick Perovich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:30:13 -0500
He who is stumpf writes:

>Schumann: Symphonies Sawallisch (why?)

Could Bob say more about his cryptic query? There's no problem with his
being unimpressed with the critical consensus that has developed regarding
the excellence of these performances:  people on this list love to show
their stuff by flying in the face of received opinion.  But in this case,
received opinion seems to me to be on target.  I find these fabulous
performances, full of freshness and fire and with a real "kick":  I love
'em.  Bob doesn't have to, but at this stage of recording history the
presumption is in favor of these performances, and, at the very least,
it would be good to know the reasons for his revisionist questioning.

Nick