From:
Kenneth Robert McGuire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:32:21 -0500
Zack Winestine wrote:

>A strong recommendation for Szell's recording of Bruckner's Third, the
>studio recording with the Cleveland Orchestra.  I listen to this on LP --
>I'm not entirely sure if it was available on CD).  It's a brilliant and
>seductive performance in (for Columbia) very decent sound.

It is available on CD in a few versions, including as a 2 CD set with his
(also quite fine) recording of Bruckner 8 with Cleveland on the Essential
Classics label.  Evidently this release originally had an editing error in
the Scherzo, but it has been fixed in my pressing.  The sound is good, but
hardly demonstration quality.

Ken McGuire