From:
Nicolas Croze-Orton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:49:35 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>Don't worry about what the future thinks of you.  You'll be dead.

Hmmm.... What a joyous thought!!:-)

I don't think I really expressed what I meant, I don't think atonality is
good or bad, or that Scoenberg followers are evil incarnate.  I definitely
wouldn't say such a thing, my own works are mostly atonal, or at the least
go freely from enlarged tonal to atonal.  What I meant to say is that
Atonality is not in the same evolutionary path has 19th century music has
many musiclogists would say, enlarged tonal may be, neo-tonal may be also,
but atonal is just not an evolution, it is a rupture with the preceding
line of though, a parallel path on our musical journey, but not an
extention...  (pardon my english, my first language is french) So Schonberg
followers are most definetily not worse, better, or good or bad, that would
imply that the way I make a living is pretty evil.....  But they do not,
especially when dodecaphonism come into play, follow 19th century line of
thought.  That would imply that they have 20th century thought, but that
debate is for another time I guess....

I hope I cleared things up a bit....