From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 14:48:16 +0100
I've just listened to the Boehm recording, and it is good, but the
orchestra sounds a bit thick and monotonous at times.  I suspect we
have to blame Sussmayer for that.  Ad why not add some woodwind or brass
(trombones) occasionally? The violins are imitating the vocal line too
much.

I'm gonna look for the Levin completion.

Finally, about musical content: the Tuba mirum, Sanctus and Benedictus are
the low points in this Requiem.  I would be happier without them.

Mikael