From:
Gene Halaburt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:16:45 -0700
Don wrote:

>>I do have a question for Zeev - what in the world does your brother
>>like so much about the Goode set?

Lest new readers dismiss the Goode recordings from consideration on the
basis of remarks such as the above, Ron Drummond, in his 1996 (?)
ClassicalNet article "Ludwig van Beethoven Piano Sonatas: An Overview
of Selected Recordings"
<http://www.classical.net/music/comp.lst/articles/beethoven/psonatas.html>
wrote:

   Of complete sets, I highly recommend Richard Goode on Elektra/Nonesuch.
   Goode has been praised in almost all quarters as perhaps the
   finest surveyor of Beethoven's sonatas since Schnabel.  He has
   all the chops and a wealth of feeling and insight to convey.
   The recording is state of the art.  Though superb throughout,
   Goode is at his best in Sonatas 12-18.

GeneH